Pain can be debilitating and frustrating. It may interfere with your sleep patterns, work, activities and even the quality time you spend with friends and family. Pain management provides relief thus you will be able to enjoy life. However, treatment is complicated and may cause harmful effects if not properly administered and monitored. That is why pain management may require the involvement of a professional who specializes in pain medicine.
There are numerous types of pain, and there is no one-size-fits-all treatment. That is why it is important to understand the differences and work with a professional who specializes in pain medicine and pain management.
Pompano Medical Center
When you are dealing with pain management, you need your medical center to be near you. That is why Pompano Medical Center is the best choice for you. Placed in Pompano Florida, Pompano Medical Center is the number one pain management center in Pompano Florida.
They offer great ways to deal with different types of pain, like Illness, Chronical pain, Detox treatment.
Pompano Medical Center has a vision, which is to ensure our entire patient’s receive premier care. They have a history of helping thousands of people who have suffered from sore muscles to saving them from having to undergo major surgery. At Pompano Medical Center, they incorporate a system of care that will inspire you to change your health. They listen, assess, and then implement the plan of action.
Pompano Medical Center services
The center provides many pain management services, of these services the treatment of various types of chronic pain.
Chronic or persistent pain is a type of pain that carries on for a period of time that is longer than 12 weeks despite taking medication or undergoing treatment.
Most people get back to their normal life after pain following an injury or even an operation. However, sometimes the pain stays with them for a longer time or in some cases, comes on without any history of an injury or operation.
Chronic pain may also affect people living with these conditions:
- Irritable bowel
- Back pain
Pompano Medical Center treatment of Chronic Pain
At Pompano Medical Center, you get the best treatment you can get for managing your chronic pain.
Of the numerous treatment concerning chronic pain at the center, treatment of back pain is remarkable.
Back pain is one of the most common forms of pain amongst people worldwide, and it is a leading cause of disability all over the globe.
Fortunately, you can take some measures to prevent or relieve most back pain episodes. However, if those measures of prevention fail, consulting a professional to help you ease the pain is recommended. At Pompano Medical Center, you will find the best physicians that will help you with your back pain.
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Muscle ache
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that gets worse when bending, lifting, standing or walking
- Pain that improves with reclining
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain that comes on suddenly and lasts a period not more than six weeks (which is classified as acute back pain) can be caused by a fall or cause of heavy lifting. However, Back pain that lasts more than three months (which is classified as chronic) is less common than the acute pain.
Back pain often develops abruptly and your doctor cannot diagnose without imaging. There are some conditions that most of the times are the causes of chronic back pain, these are:
- Muscle or ligament strain: Caused by repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement. These two can strain back muscles and spinal ligaments. Especially if you are in poor physical condition, the constant strain on your back can cause painful muscle spasms, which can lead to the chronic back pain
- Bulging or ruptured disks: As we all know disks act as cushions between the vertebrae (bones) in your spine. The soft material inside a disk can bulge or even rupture and press on a nerve, which causes back pain. However, you can have a bulging or ruptured disk without any back pain, especially if you are in good shape, your muscles compensate for that ruptured disk. Disk disease often is found by accident when you have a spine X-rays for any other reason.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis can affect the lower back. In some cases, arthritis in the spine can cause the space around the spinal cord to be narrower than what it should normally be leading to a condition called spinal stenosis, which is a cause of severe back pain.
- Skeletal irregularities: It is a condition where your spine curves to the side (called scoliosis) this condition is not common amongst the young but amongst middle-age people.
- Osteoporosis: It is a condition where your spine’s vertebrae develop compressed fractures that is caused if your bones become porous and brittle.
Dealing with back pain
Of the best places to go to deal with your back pain is the Pompano Medical Center.
Pompano Medical Center enhances your quality of life by getting the right prescription medications to help with pain treatment. They work with you to assess, diagnose, and treat your symptoms. Each individual is different so getting evaluated by their professional medical staff is crucial to treating your issues.
Doctors and staff of the Pompano Medical Center have been working in the industry for a combined experience of over 40 years. They can ensure that the attention you get when you come into their office will have you leaving satisfied with the medical care you will receive.